Persistent rumors of a railroad route somewhere between the Elkhorn and Platte Rivers brought many German, Czech and Polish immigrants to the area. By 1885, plans became quite definite that the route would follow the South Pebble Creek and would come somewhere near the established Dodge Post Office. The Post Office had been named after Dodge County and has been operated by Anton Bartosh since 1872. On August 10, 1886, the town was platted and the post office was re-established at the new village platting. On September 17, 1895, a fire destroyed the entire business district and a portion of the residential area. Dodge rebounded and rebuilt.
Dodge is a community of approximately 600 people located in the northeastern part of Nebraska and the northwest corner of Dodge County. Dodge is just off east-west Highway 91; 35 miles northwest of Fremont, 70 miles northwest of Omaha, and 73 miles southwest of Sioux City, IA.
Dodge offers many types of businesses in town along with maintained parks and a must see "Robin's Nest Garden of Hope" memorial cancer site with walking trails. New to Doge will be the beautiful Veteran's Memorial Park.
Dodge is a thriving community with vital downtown businesses. It is a place where children can safely ride their bikes or walk anywhere in town.
Dodge is a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
For more information, please contact the Dodge Village Clerk at 402-693-2239 or fax: 402-693-2975.